Dear Bioethics Students:
Go to the case study here: (link).
Since we have already talked in class about the ethical issues in the first part of the case study, make your focus on the second part, labeled “More complicated questions (the plot thickens!).”
What do you think about the ethics of using in vitro fertilization (IVF), followed by preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) in this way?
Post your comments here – due by next Monday at class time.
An insane man points a gun at you, and demands to know where your classmates are (they are hiding in the next room). He says that he must kill them, because they are actually aliens from another planet, bent on destroying the earth. [Yes, I know, your professor has been reading too much science fiction!!]
How will you respond? Justify your answer from ethical theory (material from any of our previous lectures may apply).
Post a comment of a paragraph or two, including your first name and last initial.
Welcome to the Web log to accompany Bioethics classes at Cedarville University. As your instructor posts content assignments here, your task will be to respond with short comments (to do this, you will need a password). Please keep in mind the following rules:
- Use complete sentences, good grammar and punctuation, and capital letters at the beginning of sentences (i.e., this is not like e-mail!).
- Please post no more than 2-3 paragraphs in your comment.
- Make one central point that relates to the question at hand – feel free to respond to another student’s earlier comment.
- You may refer to your reading or to Scripture, but use direct quotes sparingly if at all.
- Each comment will receive a score of 1, 2, or 3 (with 3 the best).
- You must enter at least one comment per post before the class deadline.
I look forward to your discussions!